Play | Learn | Grow
What is the best childhood you can give to your children? It is not famous schools, a big house or a room full of toys and books. It is spending time to play with them. Children who stay curious and adventurous will embrace lifelong learning, and grow up to be happy and fulfilled adults.
At Play with Purpose, we believe in the value of play. Through playing board games, children pick up skills in an engaging and effective way. They also develop skills not found in the typical classroom.
Children Learn Best When They Have Fun
HABA Learning Program (HLP)
Learn Through Group Interaction
Board games are interactive activities where children communicate and solve problems together. Children are taught concepts and ideas through multiple sensory inputs including visuals, sounds and touch. They also exercise their motor skills.
Reduce Time on Smart Devices
Over-reliance on smart devices can lead to a lack of communication skills and empathy. Balanced child development requires both learning and using technology, and cultivating collaboration and relationship-building skills.
A healthy family life is the foundation for well-rounded development in children. Parents have immense influence over their children and who they grow up to become.
Facts & Figures
- HABA was founded in Germany in 1938, and specialises in children development. They are well-known for quality, safety and environmental friendliness of their products.
- HABA children board games have won multiple international awards, including the prestigious Spiel des Jahres.
- The HABA Learning Program was developed by Dr Jan-David Freund, a specialist in early childhood education and psychology, and Anja Wrede, children games designer and illustrator for more than 15 years.
Dr Jan-David Freund
- Also trained in sociology, philosophy and computer sciences.
- PhD in the field of developmental psychology with research on child development, early childhood education, and the quality of institutional and home learning environment.
- Trained in education, psychology and sociology.
- Holistic memory coach.
- Conducts workshops for both children and adults on learning through play/games.
- Expert in language development.
157-1, Jalan Lancang
Taman Sri Bahtera
56100 Kuala Lumpur